We are proud to be the first Veterinary Surgical Laser Center in Northcentral Wisconsin. Our Luxar CO2 laser was added to our practice in 2000, giving Dr. Mills several years of laser surgery experience, ensuring that your pet is in expert hands.
The advantages of laser surgery versus traditional scalpel surgery are numerous:
- Reduced Pain - The CO2 Laser beam seals nerve endings as it cuts through tissues. This reduces the amount of pain the patient feels during and after surgery.
- Reduced Bleeding - The CO2 laser beam cauterizes and seals small blood vessels as it cuts. This provides the surgeon with a bloodless surgical field in most procedures.
- Reduced Swelling - There is no physical contact between the laser and the surgical site, eliminating the tearing and bruising of tissue associated with traditional scalpel surgery. Lymphatic vessels are also sealed
- Reduced Risk of Infection - This is one of the unique features of the CO2 laser beam. Laser energy acts as an antibacterial agent by producing high temperatures, effectively eliminating microorganisms
- Quicker Recovery - As a result of all of the above, laser surgery provides the benefit you will appreciate the most: a quicker recovery for your pet.
Some of the surgeries we routinely perform:
- Spays and Neuters
- Declawing Cats
- Mass Removals
- Anal Sac Removals
- Entropion Repair (Inward rolling eyelids)
- Stenotic Nares Correction (Narrow nasal opening reconstruction)
- Epulide Removal (Gum tissue overgrowth)
- Orthopedic Procedures (Cruciate ligament rupture repair- Bone Anchor Technique) - On a case by case basis
To read more information about our surgical procedures and recommendations, please click here: Surgical Information Packet